• Diarrhea is an illness that is transmitted from one individual to another due to contamination from bacteria.
• This is a major problem for some underdeveloped countries. Large number of individuals who do not have access to a bathroom results in open excretion; a practice established in rural parts of less fortunate countries.
Causes Of Diarrhea
Generally, diarrhea is a result of the following:
• Consumption of tainted food (also known as food poisoning)
• Consumption of contaminated water
• Spreading from an individual who is experiencing diarrhea.
There are also some non-infectious disorders that can be the cause of diarrhea. Some of these include:
• Swelling in the lining of the stomach
• Irritable bowel syndrome
• Diverticulitis (an illness where a pocket forms in the lining of the belly which becomes infected)
• Allergenic reaction to milk (known as Lactose intolerance)
• Reactions to some foods
• Some medicines
• Reactions experienced due to some surgeries (removal of the gallbladder or removing of the intestines)
Symptoms Of Diarrhea
Diarrhea is an illness where an individual has 3 or more loose soggy stools each day. It might be supplemented with:
• High fever
• Abdominal pain
• Loss of hunger
• Pain and spasms in the abdominal section
• Severe loss of weight (in severe circumstances)
Treatment Of Diarrhea
The standard treatment alternatives for diarrhea are:
During a spell of diarrhea, people lose a lot of vital electrolytes from the body very fast; dehydration can take place if these electrolytes are not substituted sufficiently.
Stay Away From Greasy and Curried Foods
These types of foods are hard to digest and can result in extra swelling of an already disturbed stomach. So, eat easily consumable foods like curd or rice.
Complications Of Diarrhea
While transmittable diarrhea can heal on its own, there are a few illnesses that need extra medical care. You must call your doctor if you notice:
• Stools containing blood
• If the diarrhea is recurring
• If there abdominal pain or spasms are severe
• Pain in the anal area
• Dehydration or a high fever.